1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

So I Splurged A Bit.....

Smokey May 31, 2014

1. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Treated myself quite a bit today! Went out early in the morning with my dad to a few of his errands then we stopped at the PX on the local military base my dad frequents (He's with the VA) so while he was in his appointments and such I waited around and then after we grabbed some lunch and headed to the PX which is like a huge closeout store type deal.....think of it as a mini costco of sorts. So i went over to pick up Watch_Dogs and while I grabbed that i saw they had Wolfenstein too, so I figured why not..... there's no tax on the base BTW so i literally paid $59.95 each.....no extra $7 in tax like normal. So there was about $14 in savings right there.....then I saw they were putting out the Sony gold headset, the official one for the PS4. I have a cheap pair of turtlebeaches that work well but it was 1 ear and after awhile they get uncomfortable so I decided to splurge and get the headset (which is $99.99) So far, they've been worth it. They offer a surround-sound-like experience and they are completely wireless (via a small USB dongle) unlike the TB's i have which plug into the controller's headphone jack. So in total I saved well over $20 or so in tax, spent a bit but eh I figured it's like a graduation gift to myself. :D

Sorry for the rather rambly post :D however, Watch_Dogs is AWESOME<3 and i have yet to try wolfenstein.......the headset is nice and comfortable though :D

Oh, did I mention i upgraded my PS4's hard drive as well to a 1TB drive? :D

Shortie861 likes this.
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I am guessing that the 1TB upgrade will definitely benefit you :) nice to see that you got so much and still managed to save something that is always a nice feeling especially when you do not expect it.

Smokey likes this.
    3. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

Yeah it's always nice to look at the receipt and see how much you actually saved. :D

My brother just ordered his PS4 today. :p So since i had to use my card (via my checking account) He gave me the cash equal to it so i can replenish my bank account come monday morning. :)