1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Special Needs Kids.

TiggyDoolittle Apr 11, 2015

1. TiggyDoolittle

TiggyDoolittle Resident Weirdo

Alyssa my eldest is borderline autistic. She receives no treatment for this so who knows what the future holds.

Erika was born with a very bad cough *sounded like an old man who smoked a pipe most of his life* Anyway I have been fighting with doctors for years to get her properly tested as this cough has been consistent for the past 4 years.

Finally she got referred to Yorkhill Childrens Hospital & they are very angry that no medical professional has picked up the fact that yes her lungs are clear & her throat is clear but they should have referred her after hearing the cough for themselves.

Turns out the cartilage in her windpipe is softer than it should be causing her airways to close up.

The hospital xrayed her & will determine where to go from there.

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I hope you manage to get this sorted Tiggy, cant be nice at all for her to have to go through something like that at all. Such a shame it took them this long to find out what the problem was.