1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Star Wars The Force Awakens

Shortie861 Dec 18, 2015

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Not a Star Wars fan myself however this movie is new in cinemas this week and it seems that so many are seeing it. I have seen a few people on my Facebook friends list say how amazing it is.

Have you been to see this movie yet? Do you plan to see it?

If you have seen it what are your thoughts and do you feel it lived up to the hype?

2. Lizzy

Lizzy New Chatter

I'm not the biggest SW fan but I like the movies. The original trilogy and later movies. So, I was waiting for the new film as well. However, it definitely didn't live up to my expectations. Looks like they were just recycling the story. Another abandoned child, another family drama... I really wasn't impressed. I did like some of the new characters but I'm not really looking forward to see the next part.

3. Gelatine

Gelatine New Chatter

It's true that the scenario is recycled, but personally what bothered me the most was how Disney scrapped all the Star Wars expanded universe that Lucas Studios had established through the games, comics and novels that followed the movies.
      I don't think that the Disney version is in any way better or worse than the expanded universe version.

However, if we forget the previous 6 movies, The Force Awakens was a very well executed movie, with beautiful scenery and soundtrack, as well as very strong performances.

I read the script that leaked after the movie was released, and I have to say the actors did a lot with very little. They're pros, plain and simple. The way the script is made it's very easy to play out many part completely wrong.

4. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Regular Chatter

I saw it in January (soon after seeing episodes IV, V and VI for the first time), and I rather enjoyed it. However, part of that might be because my expectations were pretty low (I saw Episode I when it was new and didn't think much of it, and I heard that II and III also weren't considered as good as the originals).

I liked the new characters a lot: my personal favourite was probably BB-8, due to his extreme cuteness :p . The one thing that did bother me about the film was how many of the plot points were recycled from the previous ones: worst of all was Starkiller Base (and it didn't help that they chose to lampshade-hang it by bringing up the size comparison with the Death Star....)

Still, it did get me looking forward to Episode VIII!

5. Eclipse

Eclipse New Chatter

I really loved this movie when it came out, I was and still am a pretty decent Star Wars fan, and although it wasn't the best, it was still worth watching and I recommend seeing it if you haven't.