1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Recipes Strawberry Popsicles

Domestic Goddess Jun 6, 2012

1. Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddess Regular Chatter

These are "the best" tasting home-made popsicles. These popsicles don't freeze hard like the store brand popsicles, or like those other home-made popsicles, but they freeze up enough to be eaten with out melting too fast, and boy are they delicious. It's just like biting into a fresh strawberry. I make these popsicles every year when it's berry pickin' time. Thank heavens our neighbors grow and sell fresh strawberries!

[​IMG]

Strawberry Popsicles

3 cups fresh, sliced, strawberries
      1 cup granulated sugar
      2 cups water

Place sliced strawberries in a blender.

Add the sugar and water.

Place lid on blender, and process until all ingredients are smooth.

Pour strawberry mixture into (3-ounce) popsicle molds. (You may need to use a spoon to remove some of the foam that accumulates to the top of the popsicles. And after removing the foam, fill remaining popsicle molds with a bit more of the strawberry juice.)

Place popsicles in the freezer, until they've firmed up completely. (I place mine over night in the freezer.)

Yields: 14 popsicles.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for this DG :) I have been making ice pops for my kids using just cordial and water and as much as they are great and refreshing they melt too quick and the taste goes too quick.

Will have to give this a try next time I make some up :) thanks.

3. Domestic Goddess

Domestic Goddess Regular Chatter

Shortie, I garantee your kiddies will love these!! I've only made them with fresh picked strawberries from a berry farm. I've never made them with store-bought strawberries. When I do make them, I usually make over 30 popsicles, so I can share them with our daughters, sil's, and granddaughter. I'm not kidding when I say... These are the best popsicles I've ever had!!

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

That will be what I will be making them with myself will be the store bought ones :) I shall let you know how they go when I do make them. My son who is 4 years old and my daughter 6 love their strawberries so I think they will love these :)