1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

The Art of Debating While You are Under the Influence.

MysticFire Jan 16, 2012

1. MysticFire

MysticFire New Chatter

Well, when under the influence of certain things I have found myself getting in the most ridiculous debates. Especially if they are too, then it's just absurd because we will literally argue about something for 30 minutes! And getting really into it, we'll actually be mad. And then someone will just pop in and be like 'you guys have been verbally fighting over who's pocket that quarter fell out of for 45 minutes'. Then I'm like...Oh dear, oh dear.

Anyways, any of you have this happen to you? Or witnessed it? Btw, I no longer become under the influence :)
    2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

As I don't drink I've never been in that situation but I've seen it often enough.
      If they could stand back and see themselves they probably wouldn't do it :D
    3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I have been in many debates when being under the influence, some of which I can not believe I actually got into in the first place lol.

When under the influence it can be from anything I can think of, basically if something has been bothering me but I have kept it quiet all of a sudden I will come out with it and it can turn into a big debate which really was a pointless debate.
    4. Allison

Allison New Chatter

Of course. I think being under the influence, be it alcohol or drugs, lowers inhibitions and allows a person to argue more freely. Where I would normally scrutinize the things I say or type, being under the influence allows the words to come more easily. Plus, people under the influence are far more likely to think they are right and continue coming up with reasons as to why. :)
      Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yeah, thats happened to me quite a few times and especially under drugs. XDD And other stuff.