1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

TV The Office

RockTalk Feb 15, 2012

1. RockTalk

RockTalk Quiet Chatter

Which do you prefer? The British version or the US version. I think they are both very funny but I prefer the British one, I love Ricky Gervais :)
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I have watched both and to be honest at first I preferred the UK one to the US one but after watching the US one alot more that has now changed to the US version I like more :) think Steve Carell does a great job and it was a shame to see him leave.
    3. Miaa Aure

Miaa Aure New Chatter

The US version is simply great. I like this show and I watch this show online on every weekend..........
    4. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

The British one!

I love to hate Ricky's character! To relate to him and even feel sorry for him. It was very enjoyable, and I loved what they did with the Xmas Special. :_;
    5. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

Another British show that the Americans have butchered, the British version was great because it felt real which made it is cringeworthy.
    6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I don't even know this show, on which channel is it aired and stuff?
    7. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

The Office was originally made in UK, Stephen Merchant and Ricky Gervais wrote and directed it. It is a fictional documentary about the life day to day for a few weeks of a group of employees in a small fictitious paper company. The boss, is the type of guy who wants to be the popular type of boss, thinking of himself as a knowing person and a good entertainer when in fact he comes across as an arrogant and irresponsible person who doesn't have a clue how to fill the shoes of his role.
      Then you have the workers, Dawn a receptionist, and Tim who has a crush on her, even though you can see it is returned, she has a boyfriend so it is limited to furtive looks and small touches, very romantic. The boyfriend is the type you can see doesn't care for her, so you feel prone to root for them and wishing they would come to the open. Then you have the guy who keeps bragging about being a veteran and knowing the best tactics, he takes himself so seriously that Tim usually makes fun of him without him realizing it. There are more characters in that department and together they form the happenings of the Office.

I haven't seen the US Office enough, but I think they have (almost) the same characters. The thing with the Office is that the original was very short, I think it was around 12 episodes and then a Xmas special, in my opinion that Xmas was a great closure. the US version kept going for a longer while, and if I am not mistaken Ricky helped them to write some material for them.
    8. RockTalk

RockTalk Quiet Chatter

The UK version Office was aired on BBC. The US version is currently aired on Comedy Central but thats in the UK don't know about other countries, you might not have that channel where you live.
    9. ozzie

ozzie New Chatter

I've never watched any of the UK version, but honestly, after being a viewer of the US version since it started, I don't think I could make the switch. Fantastic show. Probably my favorite, although I like the older episodes better....the new ones aren't as funny, and there's no Steve Carell.
    10. Eternal

Eternal New Chatter

I prefer the US version for sure!
    11. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

Admittedly I absolutely adore the UK version and I was intrigued to find out what the US were capable of and, as of yet, only got to see the first three episodes of the US version.