1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

The world in 2025

Cecil15 Nov 21, 2011

1. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

I watched a local documentary show last night which scared the hell out of me. It says experts predicted that by the year 2025, there won't be enough fishes in the ocean and fresh water won't be enough for everybody. And I realized, it is just almost 13 years from now. How would it be for me and my kids? :runaway:

I really agree that we should be acting as early as now so that we will be able avoid for those predictions to happen. We should start on planting trees and lessening pollution to further conserve the environment.

So guys do you believe in those predictions? How do you see the world 10-20 years from now?

2. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I had watched the same show and I think that prediction might really happen if there will be no improvement or changes to be done today and for the coming years. The depletion of supplies could be slowed down if we do effort in conservation of natural resources that we still have.

3. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

Start saving what we have :) we have to follow the basics such as turning off the tap while brushing teeth, turning off unnecessary lights/bulbs which will save electricity

4. RJH

RJH Getting There

I don't worry about it as so called experts predicted the end of the world in 2000 and that was 11 years ago and we are still breathing

5. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I myself find it hard to believe too, I am not saying that I don't think the world is going to maybe be a little worse from now day 10 - 20 years down the line but I do think that alot of what is being said is just frightening people. I don't believe anything like this can be predicted so early on to be honest anything can change within that time.

The end of the world has been predicted so many times and we are still here, it's been predicted again for next year but I don't believe it will happen.

If the prediction is true for 2025 then it will be something that we will deal with if it happens however doing things differently wouldn't hurt whether the predictions where true or not.

6. Kiefer

Kiefer Quiet Chatter

It's not just that. The world's population is growing bigger but stupider. Let's wait and we will see how the things will stay at 2025. ;)

7. RJH

RJH Getting There

That is a worse case scenario so would not panic too much.

8. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I don't think it's the worst case scenario. I think it's one of the lightest in my opinion. Worst case: no more earth and everything demolished.

9. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

slowly, but we are going 'green' which I don't think those predictions will come true since so many are trying to prevent it.

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

to no avail at all. I guess we're going all out to prevent this, but I still think the efforts are wasted.

11. RockTalk

RockTalk Quiet Chatter

In 2025 the world will be a lot greener. As technology improves the need for things like paper will decrease. Everything will be online. You won't need to buy books, newspapers and CD's. By then money might be a thing of the past. You might just use a card or something.

12. xPurp420

xPurp420 New Chatter

I doubt this is going to happen, fish have been on our world for millions of years and water evaporates.

13. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

god I hope not, you have no idea how big humanity is setting it's self up to be screwed over.