1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Thoughts On Boris Johnson Campaigning To Leave The Eu?

Shortie861 Feb 21, 2016

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

So I have just been reading that Boris Johnson is to campaign for Britain to leave the EU.

What are your thoughts on this?

Source: BBC News
    2. KyngzIndeyen

KyngzIndeyen Getting There

It'll be fun to watch him campaigning against David Cameron!

Personally, I'm still favouring staying in, if only because I don't trust Cameron and co. to be able to negotiate a deal that we could actually benefit from if we do end up leaving.
      Shortie861 likes this.
    3. Shortie861

Have to admit it's going to be fun seeing them go head to head for this. Will be good to see how this works out and what the outcome is. I don't see David Cameron coming up with anything good either if we were to leave.
    4. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

While I believe we would be better off without the EU dragging us down, I think there's enough clowns already in the Leave campaign with out having Boris lording it all about.
      I do however agree with his comment that if we vote to Remain then our National sovereignty will be diminished and democracy eroded.
      Shortie861 likes this.
    5. Shortie861

I have to admit someone like Boris taking on a campaign like this it does make you wonder if he will get taken seriously, remains to be seen I guess.
    6. Ella

Ella New Chatter

I think Boris is taken very seriously, more so than Gove. I once did one of those photo campaigns with him in London and he speaks his mind, and is very open about his views and direct. That's what people want to hear.

The fact is he and Gove are looking at the bigger picture, the legislative powers of the country and not only the financial side. Many people only want to know what will happen to them in the next couple of years, rather than in a decade down the line. Recessions happen to all countries; if you study history there are always slumps and they cannot be avoided. all this talk of losing jobs, and companies leaving is scaremongering.

Many British people don't have jobs because migrants accept a lower wage, and I have personally experienced this. My daily rate was lowered when the 'cheaper' workers arrived, and either I took it or had to look elsewhere.
      Shortie861 likes this.