1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Too much makeup

Shortie861 Oct 24, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Do you think there is ever a case of a man or woman wearing too much makeup?

I have seen on some occasions women wearing so much makeup that it just doesn't look right.

Are you someone that tends to wear alot of makeup?

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I've seen women out and about that look like they applied their makeup with a trowel :D
      No I don't wear any :)

3. Shortie861

:lol: my thoughts exactly, or in my case it looks more like it has been caked on there are so many layers. It looks very un natural when they do it like that.

4. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

This is a very common situation when a woman does not apply cosmetics or make up by natural lighting. She applies the make up under bathroom lighting which is very artificial. Then goes out in public and doesn't check her make up and it looks very garish and rude to on lookers.

The ideal situation is to apply make up near a well lit window so the make up looks as close to what it will in open sunshine. Since most times, people will see you outdoors wearing make up.

Now, this won't be the situation in an office setting where the lights are artificial. Still the make up look that a woman achieves when applying make up by a natural light source is softer and more feminine and should look VERY appropriate for a business environment.

5. RJH

RJH Getting There

I hate seeing men where any make up what so ever, it is wrong.

6. fiona1964

fiona1964 Chataholic

I don`t wear makeup but have seen young girls with far to much on

7. Shortie861

Have to agree with that. I don't know what they think it does to their image to be honest as I personally hate to wear too much make up myself aswell as see a young girl with too much on, it doesn't look right. Alot of girls say they do it to attract guys, personally I don't see that a guy is seeing the true person with all the make up and in the end the make up has to come off sooner or later.

8. Samy2576

Samy2576 New Chatter

I have seen kids in like first grade wearing make up and saying they want to get boys. It is very disturbing times we live in. These girls should be playing with dolls and focusing on school! I only wear makeup to cover my horrible skin problem.

9. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I had only wear make up on some occasions like in my college graduation and when I am a bride's maid. I am not wearing makeup regularly.
      I had seen some women who tend to wear a lot of makeup and makes me wonder how she really looks like without it. Some I even think they will look better with just light makeup or even without makeup. Some I had seen are wearing too much make up to cover the pimples which I think is not also good to solve their skin problems since some if not most of the make ups are not that 100% safe for the skin.

10. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yep, encountered cases of women wearing too much make-up. Men wearing eyeliners and etc.

11. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

I'm a guy so I don't wear makeup, but I can't stand when a lady wears too much make up. It takes away from her natural beauty and just makes her look fake and as if she has something to hide about herself. I just feel like too much is well, just that, too much.....

12. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

Some women don't realize how much makeup they are wearing cause they apply by artificial light indoors and it looks all caked up when they go outside or change location that has different lighting. If a woman uses natural mineral make up, it never looks fake and so long as it's a similar tone as her skin only enhances the skin and makes it look flawless, (evening out redness, blotchiness, etc) and makes her look beautiful and not made up.

And, yes an overly made up woman does not look good.

13. BluAzn

BluAzn New Chatter

I don't like girls with makeup, a lightly pat I don't mind just not over the excess.

14. Kiefer

Kiefer Quiet Chatter

Absolutely true but with all these advertisements about "make up instruments" what do you expect..

15. Black Angel

Black Angel New Chatter

I dont wear make up, mainly because I dont need it.. and the few instances that I have worn it, it felt really heavy and oily on my skin even though it was applied lightly.

However, I have seen women that have not only looked like a prostitute when wearing it, but it looked like it was put on by a 6 year old palsy patient.

Although I have seen quite a few women who looked better without it, I have seen more than a few who should have it tattooed to their face, just so that they don't cause others around them to lose their lunch.

16. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Quiet Chatter

I have seen some men and woman wearing way too much makeup to the point where it looked bad. I myself don't wear makeup and if I do it's only a bit of eyeliner, cover up and blush however I rarely wear makeup.

17. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Some people just don't know how to make themselves up and so it gets all messy on their face and brows.