1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

General Trash Talk Online

Shortie861 Dec 9, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

What are your thought on people whom trash talk online whether it be on a social networking site, youtube and the likes of and also blogs.

I do alot of browsing on the internet and I have come across so much trash talking towards others that it is really unbelieveable, it is like people think that because they are behind a computer they can do and say what they like because they know nothing can be done back, personally I wouldn't stoop so low as to say half of the stuff I have seen posted on blogs and in comments on say video's on youtube.

What would you say is the worst thing you have seen said on the internet randomly for all to see?

2. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

Religion insults..

I try my best just to ignore people that likes to trash talk, unless it's someone I know and they aren't being serious.

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

TBH, I haven't come across many of those "trash" talkers" myself as you put it. Many of them still are polite on the web. It's IRL that I found many people who boast about themselves and who insult others.

4. Shortie861

Seen a few religion insults myself and they are really awful to see, can never understand why so many people can be so nasty about others religions.

I can't stand those kind of people and I have come across a few whom always boast about what they have done to make themselves look like the better person all the time and even drag someone else down to not make them look so bad, the internet would be a much better place without trash talkers in my opinion but that is virtually impossible. Nobody deserves to be spoken to in any kind of trashy way no matter who they are.

5. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I fully assent with what you said shortie. Being looked down upon isn't very nice. Been there myself. People insulted me because of my race, my skin color. I can tell you that I hated it, Shortie. I don't get why these people did that to me or to anyone else. It's the lowest thing to do.

6. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

There is PLENTY, PLENTY of trash talkers online. I tend to post my thoughts on a youtube video and some yuppie douchebag thinks he can go and attack me. I lace it right back into the twats, 10 fold. The problem with the internet is, everyone thinks because there's that sense of 'anonymity' they can say and do whatever the hell they want without consequence. Which is why you get so many trash talking retards on sites like youtube.

7. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

i tend to ignore it when it happens and let things go, gizmo. I'm not the type to defend myself against some meaningless internet user I'll never meet. Well except for on a forum.

8. Black Angel

Black Angel New Chatter

I can't stand them, but even I realize that people take on a persona online that is usually the polar opposite of who they are in real life.

Personally though, I don't say anything about someone online, that I wouldn't say to their face, and that is exactly my stance regarding talking about people behind their backs offline.

9. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

I don't like people who talk dirty behind a computer screen. Let's see how they go in real life ! ;)

10. Ghost Smoke

Ghost Smoke Like A Boss

The worst trash talker on the internet I've ever encountered is Jared from Chat-Avenue. He was the least intimidating looking person in real life but yet the biggest trash talker, internet gangster on any forum anywhere haha.

11. Shortie861

I agree with you, most of them just do it because they know there can be no real major comeback to them being behind a PC monitor but you can guarantee that if they came face to face with someone that trash talking wouldn't even happen.

12. Smokey

Smokey Shortie's Teddy Bear <3 Staff Member

A lot of the times I tend to ignore it but when they comment over and over again "Oh whats wrong? got nothing to say?" that's when I reply and make them look like complete twats. :) At first though I generally ignore it and take the 'wait and see' approach. :) 90% of the time though it ends up with me having to go back at them and make them look like complete jerkoffs in front of everyone :)

I often times use comebacks such as what Nikki stated and point out how they are probably some puny weak twat in real life who has to talk big behind a computer screen to feel any real self worth. :p

13. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I am not in favor of thrash talking online and better respect others even it was just online conversation.
      I had read some religious insults too which is not proper just to depend their own beliefs or just to annoy others. There are also those who writes bad words or curse others.

14. Ikram45

Ikram45 Getting There

Shortie, I think they wouldn't even reply back to you if you ask them their address xD :D!

Shortie861 likes this.
    15. Shortie861

No, that is true lol. Small world though sometimes and you never know who you may bump into I guess which is why I always think it is better to steer clear of causing yourself trouble online.

16. seximami

seximami Talkative

I know one person who stalks,talks crap,hacks forums etc to hurt people and has for the past 7 yrs and i took 1 yr and a 1/2 off from the net and she is still out there talking trash and getting people on her side and hurting others. It's a real situation to deal with.

17. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 Talkative

I find that trash-talking online is pointless, I know I've done it before and will continue to do it though, as you're hiding behind your computer while a real man would say it to their face or at least on webcam.

Shortie861 likes this.
    18. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

I don't exactly trash talk seriously online, unless it's on the forums I frequently troll in. Some of those forums and threads they have are so full of garbage and stupidity I can't help but troll, but I consider trolling and trash talking worlds apart.

19. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Yep, trolling's vey different from trash talking, I view it as worse than dirty talking, but then again dirty talking can mean something else too, can have a sexual sort of connotation, too, if I'm not wrong on that.

20. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

Well I don't troll everywhere, I just think that certain forums deserve trolling.