1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Upgrade vBulletin

sdavis2702 Aug 7, 2011

1. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Guest

Have you considered jumping onboard to vBulletin 4? I currently run a forum running vBulletin Suite (additional blog and CMS) 4.1.5. I absolutely love it.

When I started with forums, I was on vB 3.6. I upgraded through the 3s all the way to vB 4.0. IT SUCKED! I had so many issues. I left forums for about a year and came back. When I came back, all the issues had been worked out and I was on 4.1.4.

Have you considered upgrading?
    2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I did with a previous forum I had and never really liked vBulletin 4 myself hence the reason I have decided to stick with vBulletin 3 this time :) many have said that they do like vBulletin 4 but I myself never liked the layout of the forum and always much preferred vBulletin 3 layout.
    3. sdavis2702

sdavis2702 Guest

What are the main differences that bother you the most? If it's strictly a template issue, I have seen a few newer vB sites that mimic the 3.x ones.

It's definitely something to consider as many security issues have been fixed with 4.x.

It would definitely take a lot of work for you to make the switch and maintain full functionality, though. So it might be easier just to stick with what you have.

Just a suggestion, though!