1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

US special forces Afghan helicopter downed 'by Taliban'

Shortie861 Aug 6, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

This is truly heart breaking. I seriously don't understand why they are still over there fighting a war now, I mean I understand that it's going to take more than just leave and be done with it as there will be a backlash. Too many are dying from a pointless war anymore.

Read more: BBC News

Seems to be that they may be retaliating for the death of Osama.
    2. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

Well, what we have here is inept leaders and politicians, a long time ago some idiot decided to use a term never before seen, a clean war!, you can be sure who ever it was that he was a draft dodger and never served in the armed forces. This is what happens when a country elects complete idiots to take on such a huge responsibility. Anyone with financial backing can now win an election in the USA, doesn't matter who he is or what their qualifications are, if you have the money you're in.

The politicians have completely destroyed the US military's capability to wage an all out win war, it is dirty and costly but never clean. An Army is to protect their country what ever nationality it is, to use what ever means necessary to bring a war to a quick and timely end, if you can't do that then you have already lost. All the lessons learned in previous failures were completely thrown out the window, and all those previous failures had the same idiots in charge.

People see this downing and wonder how could it happen, it's all very simple, you do not use heavy helicopters to insert ground forces into an enemies defended area. We have some of the most sophisticated helicopter gunships in the world, those gunships should have been on scene 20 to 30 minutes before the insertion team ever arrived, and while they were there destroy everything that even looks like it was hostile.

I say these things because I've lived it, I was a helicopter gunner on a gunship for three years, I can't tell you how disappointed I am in our government and the chain of command to do such stupid unnecessary things that cost the lives of so many young men, it is absolutely criminal in every sense of the word. Indeed it is time to bring our men and women home if our leadership is so poor.