1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

TV Walking Dead

Shortie861 Nov 1, 2011

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

A friend I have in the states suggested this series to me the other night and said it was good and that I would probably like it if I watched it. I have looked and read up on it and so far not that impressed and also not sure if we get it here in the UK.

Has anyone seen Walking Dead before? Would you recommend?

2. JBailey

JBailey New Chatter

Another great show from AMC. For those that are not sure about it, it's a show that is based around a group of survivors after a zombie outbreak. Now this isn't your normal everyday run of the mill series, it focuses more on the human side and brings to light that the walking dead isn't the true threat, its the living.

Season two is currently ongoing here in the states but after last weeks episode, wow. The ending is something you have to think about yourself, would you have done the same or something different. Now I'm not going to spoil it. :nyahnyah:

3. Shortie861

Ah that sounds good and interesting :) I might have to see if it is aired in the UK anywhere and give it a try :)

Thanks for that :)

4. LucasMom

LucasMom Quiet Chatter

I really like the Walking Dead. The characters are strong, and the situations are always ones that make you wonder what you would have done if in the same situation. I really like zombie shows and have watched all types from the goofy to the serious and this show seems like it is a good portrayal of what people would really do in this situation. I can't wait for each new episode to air.

I would recommend giving it a try. I know season one is out on DVD so you maybe able to find it where you live. Also the show is based on a series of graphic novels, and while I haven't read the books I've been told by someone who has that the show sticks with the books quite well. So if you can't find the tv show you could look for the books.

5. Shortie861

Managed to get hold of season one and I watched the first episode myself last night of that season and I wasn't sure at first as it was quite slow at first however I continued to watch it and I was quite impressed. It is some on the edge of your seat stuff and quite freaky. More like the kind of stuff you would see in a movie only it is in a TV series :) will be watching more over the weekend :)

6. LucasMom

LucasMom Quiet Chatter

I'm a big fan of the series but the first episode is my least favorite one. Your right it was a little slow. The rest of season one is much better. Season two has started off good, and it has already been renewed for a third season so there is lots more zombies to come.

7. Shortie861

That is great to hear :) I am currently up to episode 4 still on series 1 just finding the time to watch it at the moment as I don't like to watch it whilst the children are around with them being young and it involving Zombies :) it is getting alot more interesting though.

8. LucasMom

LucasMom Quiet Chatter

I can understand that. I have a 4 year old so my husband and I actually record the Walking Dead and have to wait until he's either at Grandma's house or deap asleep before we get to watch it. Because of that I'm generally a episode or 2 behind my friends that watch the show.

9. Shortie861

Managed to watch another episode last night :) episode 4 was really good and pretty gruesome too but I did enjoy it, really had me gripped watching it :)

10. Justin

Justin New Chatter

The most recent episode was great. The opening flashback sort of screwed up continuity, but it was still pretty chilling to watch it happen [I don't want to spoil it]. Daryl had a pretty horrible day too, poor guy couldn't catch a break.

11. Castle

Castle Getting There

Downloaded all shows and have watched through 4. Good show.

12. Zethus

Zethus New Chatter

I watched all the episodes available on Netflix and I loved it. I'd have to say I can't wait for the next season because it's definitely a really good television series.

13. Allan

Allan New Chatter

Getting ready to watch this tonight, love the show.

14. planephanatic

planephanatic New Chatter

I think it's a great show. I stumbled upon it on Netflix one evening and it was excellent. I was really disappointed that Netflix only had the first season though.

15. Shortie861

Oh really that is a shame, we don't have it on our Netflix in the UK which is a shame.