1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice
    • Dismiss Notice

What's your favorite Holiday?

LucasMom Oct 11, 2011

1. LucasMom

LucasMom Quiet Chatter

As the end of the year is approaching so is some of the best (in my opinion) holidays. My favorite holiday all year is Thanksgiving (the American one), this could be because my birthday falls around that holiday (sometimes even on thanksgiving). When I was little my family (extended and immediate) would always celebrate my birthday at our family's thanksgiving get together. I thought the whole thing was a big birthday party for me, I felt really special that all the people were there. It took me years to understand that the family was coming together for an actually holiday, instead of everyone just wanting to come to my birthday party.

Halloween is probably my second favorite holiday, I love dressing up and of course the candy is pretty awesome too!

What about all of you, what is your favorite holiday? Is it Halloween? Or do the presents at Christmas win you over? What about Easter? Or is someother holiday your favorite?

2. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

It is Christmas for me. It is because it is the jolliest holiday for me and longest celebrated holiday in our country. There are nine mornings masses and there are good foods. There are also reunions of family and friends. Christmas songs are played everywhere and there are beautiful decors just like at the malls.

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Christmas for me :) I love teh family get together and the whole spirit of Christmas and also with me having children it's great to see them so excited in the run up to Christmas and at Christmas.

Halloween is my second favourite also, another family get together one and also a friend get together one, parties and dressing up, so much fun :D

4. Marc

Marc Crazy Dave FTW!

I don't think I'll argue with myself if I say Christmas, haha.

Free gifts? Who can say it's not the best holiday in the year? xD

5. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

It's easily Christmas, greatest holiday in the world! :D Love the atmosphere leading up to Crimbo. :)

6. RJH

RJH Getting There

I love Xmas we have already started getting presents as this is the time of the year for great offers, I love the hole experience of it.

7. Shortie861

The atmosphere is great as it gets closer to Christmas :) hate how they push it out so early though nowadays sometimes even more than 2 months before hand.

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet, really need to start however I have a birthday before hand this Friday, then I will start getting stuff together present wise for Christmas, my only problem is when I start shopping I have to wrap otherwise I leave myself too many to wrap too close and sometimes I can be wrapping from say November which puts me in a Christmassy mood far too early :)

8. Elseb

Elseb Regular Chatter

I noticed Marks and Spencers are already selling christmas stuff. It's not even Halloween yet!

9. Beverly

Beverly Getting There

I love the month of December cause it leads up to Christmas and my daughter's birthday at the first of the year. We usually make a big deal of that entire month and make it a month long celebration with special trips and outings and daily gifts for 31 days. To me, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year.

10. ProClerk

ProClerk New Chatter

Christmas is my favorite holiday.

11. Dirty Harold

Dirty Harold Bringin' Secsy Back

Christmas, definitely. I always remember such happy times my family and I have on that day every year. It's magical, and I reckon giving is better than receiving, so don't pout this Christmas.

12. tunescool

tunescool New Chatter

christmas, i love this time of year and laying around with your significant other. the christmas feeling, its wonderful

13. Shortie861

It sure is :) kinda wishing I had the Christmas feeling but I don't at the moment :( really hoping I get it soon as it's too close to not feel christmassy now.