1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

When to have a kid

Guardian Jan 15, 2012

1. Guardian

Guardian New Chatter

I have friends that had kids right out of high school and me and my wife aren't even ready to have kids and we've been out for about 4-5 years now. Is there ever a good time to be ready to have kids?

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I would say you know when you are ready to have kids, I don't personally think there is a good time as so many people are different. Some people choose to have them younger so they still have plenty of time left when they are older and their children are older to be able to do things they wish to do.

3. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I don't think there's a proper time to get kids, I mean, whenever you feel ready.

4. Allison

Allison New Chatter

It depends based on the person in question. Some people are ready to make the leap into parenting right out of high school, others are not. Some people face the leap without expecting or preparing for it, and adjust the best they can. I will say that many people who think they can't do it find that they can if they wind up in it on accident.

I definitely don't think people in high school should be having kids, though.

5. MakingCents

MakingCents New Chatter

Funny enough my husband and I have been having this conversation lately. We don't feel 'old' in the least, feels like we've only been out of college a year or two when it fact it's more like 6 or 7 years. Mathematically it feels like we need to have them soon but in our heart of hearts we dont' feel that old yet. Quite the conundrum we're in.

6. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

Me neither and sometimes, they'd be having kids out of wedlock and that's way worse, because they'd not be able to take care of the kid properly.

7. AreYaSerious?

AreYaSerious? New Chatter

9/10 your going to have a kid when you least expect it.