1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Social Networking Why are you facebook friends with your teachers?

MiszMariee Jul 23, 2011

1. MiszMariee

MiszMariee Chat Addict

Out of curiosity? Why? Is it to get better grades? To not be rude? Because you have a crush on them? What makes you want to friend a teacher on Facebook? Are you simply curious about what he or she does after school and on weekends? Is it to get better grades since teachers can update you about homework and tests online and sometimes even offer you help? Is it because.you're friends with everyone you know, so NOT being friends with someone you see every day seems rude. Or is it for some other reason? I've never understood that logic so please explain it to me if you can.

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

Facebook wasn't even thought of when I was at school and if it had of been I would never have added a teacher as a friend.
      Teachers were for teaching nothing else :)

3. wjack2010

wjack2010 Chat Addict

Adding teachers in the United Kingdom as friends is a illegal and if a teacher accepts or sends an invite to a student in a school, they could be sent to court and charged. It is for the protection of children. Once the teacher is not in the same school as you then it is okay but otherwise it is not.

4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I was never on facebook when I was at school as it didn't exists then however I wouldn't have ever thought to be friends with a teacher on a social networking site, teachers to me where people who taught me, not friends or people I would have friended away from school.

5. nolvorite

nolvorite New Chatter

lol I didnt add them till the year was done, plus they look nice. ;)

6. soccerbai123

soccerbai123 New Chatter

I have added some of my teachers in Facebook and I have already transferred school at that time.

7. Cecil15

Cecil15 I am Me...

When I was in college, Facebook was not that popular then. What we use was just Friendster and MySpace. Now, I've added my college instructors for no clear reason at all. Maybe just to see what's new with them.

8. Nissapower

Nissapower Shy Chatter

No way I will accept my teachers as friends. Hahaha the pure simple fact is that I don't want them to know me personally and how I interact with my friends.

9. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

I am now adding some of my previous high school teachers in Facebook. Facebook is not yet popular before when i am till studying so no chances of having a teacher friend before. ;)

Some young teachers nowadays uses Facebook to announce something to their students and so they required to be friend with them.

10. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I guess that would be one reason for having them as a friend during being at school to be honest :) if It is easier to announce things that way rather than having to do it awkwardly and people may miss it :)

11. EllieMae

EllieMae New Chatter

Adding teachers or bosses is never a good idea! There are too many personal details, pictures and status updates on Facebook -- and it's none of their business! It could also get you in trouble! Teachers and bosses may look poorly upon you depending on the tone of your statuses or photos. It's best to keep business and personal lives separate!

12. dsb3447

dsb3447 New Chatter

LOL. I have no idea why anyone would do so. I talk so much crap about my teachers, and I know teachers talk about their students (but don't name them). I considered adding a teacher because I thought he was cute, but it is best he wasn't on the site. I made so many posts about him.

13. roxfan003

roxfan003 Shy Chatter

I've added a couple of my college professors because I actually know them as more than professors. I also work with them in production and all of us, both students and professors, are friends.