1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Will racism ever end?

MiszMariee Jul 22, 2011

1. MiszMariee

MiszMariee Chat Addict

A white woman, about 51 years old, was seated next to a black man on an airplane. Obviously disturbed by this, she called the air hostess.

"Madam, what is the matter?" the hostess asked.
      "You obviously do not see it," she responded. "You placed me next to a black man. I do not agree to sit next to someone from such a repugnant group. Give me an alternative seat." "Be calm please," the hostess replied. "Almost all the places on this flight are taken. I will go to see if another place is available."

The Hostess went away and then came back a few minutes later.

"Ma'am, I spoke to the captain and he informed me that there is also no seat in the business class. All the same, we still have one place in the first class."
      Before the woman could say anything, The hostess continued, "It is not usual for our company to permit someone to move from the economy class to sit in the first class. However, given the circumstances, the captain feels that it would be scandalous to make someone sit next to someone so disgusting."

The hostess turned to the black man and said "Therefore, Sir, if you would like to, please collect your hand luggage, a seat awaits you in first class." At that moment, the other passengers who were shocked by what they had just witnessed stood up and applauded!

This story always makes me smile so wide. I just thought I would share it with you guys.
    2. Rondo

Rondo Chat Addict

Oh that is an awesome story. I hate it when people can not accept other people just because of something as silly as skin color. I am white, but I have many black friends as well. You should judge people because of personality only.
    3. zararina

zararina Chat Addict

Nice! I also enjoyed this story. It is really not good to think that you are superior compared to others just because of skin color or race. God created us equal and we all differ on some ways or another. Attitude do count more than appearance.
    4. BeautifulAngel

BeautifulAngel Quiet Chatter

Wow it's shocking how rude and judgement people are based on others race or religion. I never understood why but in my opiniong racism will never stop only because for the simple fact that there will be at least a small group of people who don't agree with having different nationalities together.
    5. shopy99

shopy99 New Chatter

haha, very good, you know racism it's like your character, it's inherited, if your parents are racists so will you, and this will go on for generations until a rupture will going to happen, and as we know that a long way ahead.
    6. Elisa123

Elisa123 New Chatter

Great story, I always wonder if it really happened. I don't think racism will ever be 'over' unfortunately, human minds are narrow and petty...
    7. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

That is a great story :) made me smile.

I personally don't feel that racism ever will end, even now I hear people having a go at people for different races which is such a shame. In the end they are the same as us just another colour and should be respected either way.
    8. clauemi

clauemi Quiet Chatter

AWWWW that is a very neat story, will definitely tell that to my kids one day.

Racism will always exists. People always want something or someone to hate, once something goes out of trend they find something else to hate.
    9. Roadley14

Roadley14 New Chatter

Great story, i really enjoyed reading this.

In short i think racism will never end along as people have differences, even if people aren't being racist they will find something else, e.g. hair colour, gender.
    10. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

While there are those who can only make themselves seem better by doing others down then there will always be racism and other prejudices.
    11. ItsZippy

ItsZippy New Chatter

That made me smile. :)

As for the question... I think racism itself may end in the future. Society is moving and it is now more of a taboo to be racist than to support people from other cultures. However, I cannot see discrimination ever ending. If we're not discriminating over race, we'll just do it over gender, sexuality, wealth, education or anything else we can find. Making other people out to be inferior tends to suit our inferiority complex; it's regrettable, but it has always happened throughout society, and probably always will.
    12. wendy

wendy Quiet Chatter

i would have cheered and stamped my feet for that man.
      We are all human beings, all made the same, have the same rights and the same rules to abide by, i cant believe in this day and age that racism still exists.
      Its obviously born of ignorance and cruelty x
      Shortie861 likes this.
    13. Naiwen

Naiwen Chat Addict

I'm pretty keen on cultures... XDD I like tasting different cultures, like lit their foods & drinks & etc.
    14. Leo

Leo New Chatter

You shouldn't judge people at all period. You don't know what they been through, you don't know their life. Racism will never end but it's just one of those things in life that you just got to deal with.
    15. Emerald

Emerald Getting There

Wonderful story, and in the end we're all going the one way. People can be so insulting and ignorant, but they let no-one down but themselves!
    16. Spice

Spice Chat Addict

We are all the same, regardless of the color of our skin. Everyone has emotions, everyone can be hurt whether physically or emotionally. We all bleed the same color of blood. Yet some people still have to assert their superiority over others, have to deride others to make themselves feel good. That is just so wrong.
      Leo likes this.