1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

WWE want to fire Randy Orton

Shortie861 Jun 9, 2012

1. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

Rumours are circulating that there has been some talk about Randy Orton being fired from the WWE. These rumours come after Randy Orton was suspended for 60 days after his second violation and failing to pass a wellness test. It is also being rumoured that Vince McMahon has not been happy with Randy Orton for some time now.

What are your thoughts?

2. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I don't watch it so can't really comment.

3. Sugarhill

Sugarhill New Chatter

There is no way that they are going to fire Randy, but the talk of it just may get him to wake up. What I've noticed about Randy is that when he's against a worthy opponent, he performs better, but they don't really have him doing anything. They need to move Alberto del Rio back to Smackdown and have go against Randy.

Either that or turn Randy heel and let him go back against Sheamus, although his feud with Christian was the best of the past year or so. They shouldn't have turned Christian back to a face as he is so boring as one.

Maybe when Chris comes back, he and Randy can bring life to each other's run.

Shortie861 likes this.
    4. Shortie861

I agree :) at the end of the day only Vince McMahon can make Randy better as it's Vince that pulls out all the stops.

I myself personally would love to see Randy Orton vs Alberto Del Rio, not even sure if those two have gone face to face yet. That would be a main event worth watching.

I remember nearly 2 years ago Randy Orton taking Chris Jericho out with a punt and when Jericho came back this year nothing was ever mentioned about it, I was half expecting something to happen between those two carrying on from where it left off, that would have been great also the fact that Jericho came back and targetted CM Punk worked but I think a feud between Randy Orton and Chris Jericho would have been great.

5. Sugarhill

Sugarhill New Chatter

They were about to start a feud when Chris and Randy both got suspended. I think it was supposed to also involve Dolph Ziggler. But, the fear of Randy going to the TNA is a little too much for Vince to actually go through with a firing. He may keep him solely on Smackdown forever, but he's not going to let him walk out the door.

What I'd really like to see is Damien Sandow take off and then in about six months either team up with Alberto as a real tag team or feud with him in a Gentlemen's Quarrel. Damien is exactly what Alberto was supposed to be without the accent. But, they both have the ability to really pull off a great onscreen relationship if they pair them.

6. AvalonX

AvalonX New Chatter

The problem with Orton is he is just to boring. At least with a guy like Punk, Jericho even Cena can take a mic and just go. Orton is just a me too face. They need to turn him heel and let him do his viper thing. I still don't buy him as a headliner and that stupid viper pounce he does.

I would like to see something new with him, a new gimmick. Not this viper thing, he isnt Stone Cold. Let him come out on the ramp and start going at it on the mic with some guys. Right now he is just stale.

7. Shortie861

Yes Damien Sandow sure does seem to have alot of potential and seeing him team up with Alberto Del Rio would be great, it would definitely open up a great new story line for the WWE if those two paired up.

You do have a point, Randy has now been doing the viper thing for a long time and it has become not as great anymore, people are getting fed up of seeing the same thing done each week from Randy, it can sometimes feel like you are watching the same match only to a different opponent every week.

8. Sugarhill

Sugarhill New Chatter

No, I don't I don't mind the viper move, he just needs to do it some enthusiasm. When he first did it, he would actually draw it out and let it be a proper lead in. Now, he just rushes it through it and it's lost some luster. If that is a case of him being bored with it, then maybe, he needs to change things up. However, I think it's more of him getting way too comfortable in his position.

Some guys after a certain point, don't have to be a clear face or heel, they can also be known as someone that is about themselves first and foremost. That would actually add to the intrigue because you'll never know who they will attack or help. That's what a Randy or Chris Jericho needs to be.

9. premaistam

premaistam New Chatter

i love the viper

10. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

i miss the tripple h feud

11. Shortie861

Got to admit they where great :) WWE just isn' the same now since they changed alot of stuff and brought all the PG rating in to be honest.

12. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

i dont see much pg though cm punk through that out the window lol he aint the best in the world for nothing ^^ and the brock lesner thing well they wouldnt let him in the ring if they intended to keep the rule but they cant afford to be pg they loose ratings that way i think thats why the rock still makes an appearence from time to time

13. Shortie861

You do have a point with CM Punk, Brock Lesnar and also The Rock. I don't think they will ever be told what to do on how they perform in the ring and they will always stick with how they like to be however looking at old matches from the past and looking at them now with the likes of The Rock, The Hardy Boyz, Undertaker and Kane (Brothers of Destruction) and looking at how some of those matches where and comparing them to now there has been some toning down but only to a small extent.

14. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

well the attitude era is over unfortunatly :'( (miss those days) i wish they would just stop caring about money and ratings and go back to the good old days when it wasnt just the 13 year old girls that were fans just because of cena (sucks)

Shortie861 likes this.
    15. Shortie861

I am actually a fan of Cena myself :) got alot of respect for him to be honest with how far he has come and much of it done on his own but I do agree with the attitude era being over and such it really is not as great as it used to be because they do now focus more on the younger viewers and fans who as you say like Cena but also Rey Mysterio, Sin Cara and such. A good idea would be to bring back a TV show like they have done others such as NXT and such only make it an attitude kind of show where the attitude era was back.

16. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

well wcw managed it well they had nitro and thunder for late night i didnt say that i didnt respect cena each week he gets boo'd (sometimes by myself lol) but he never gives up ect and the fact that hes wearing pink this month earned him more respect just wish they kept it like the old days