1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!

• Dismiss Notice

Xbox One And Pre Owned Games

jnugget Jun 7, 2013

1. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

2. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It's a step in the right direction I will admit however I still do not think that many people are going to be happy with it. I personally do not tend to lend out my games as I do not have many friends that I know in person that game and wish to borrow so that will not be a problem for me if I do get the new Xbox.

3. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

people can complain all they want but as soon as it hits the shop they will flee to buy it and they know they will

Shortie861 likes this.
    4. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

I agree, I have seen so many saying that they are moving to PS4 because they do not like what Microsoft are doing and to be fair that is all up to them however I can see many of them not doing that. I myself am a huge Xbox fan and I love to play on mine but the latest one I am not so sure about. If I choose not to purchase it then I definitely wouldn't be one to just jump ship and move to PS4 just out of spite which I think many are doing.

5. jnugget

jnugget Regular Chatter

its called jumping on the band waggon

Kaynil and Shortie861 like this.
    6. steel bat

steel bat Chat Addict

I don't have an Xbox so this doesn't directly effect me.
      But surely it is a restriction on Free Trade to not be able to give or sell your legally bought games to whoever you so wish?
      I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't end up being challenged in the courts.

7. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

I agree that the people jumping ship to the PS4 just because the Xbox One forces you to pay an extra fee for used games, and can't loan your games out easily. They're going to miss out on great exclusives for being stupid like that.

Personally, I'm not a fan of Xboxes, but if they released some exclusives I'm interested in, I'll buy one.

8. Warren

Warren Quiet Chatter

9. Grungie

Grungie Raging Alcoholic

That's a pretty interesting article, it does show how little people know about DRM and are really quick to blame the "evil corporations"

10. Kaynil

Kaynil Quiet Chatter

I dunno a lot of that sounds like just big stretch assumptions starting with the digital hub and the lowering of the prices for the digital market of licenses. This generation already counts with the possibility to buy a new license for a pre-own game in order to download the extra content only available to the first purchaser. Licenses right now are cheaper but it is too because it is permission for an aspect of the game. With the online restriction and system tie people would have to buy digitally a pass for the whole game, so I am willing to bet they would charge way more to make up for the 'passed' on copy, which remembers only works once. Then puff. The idea is getting more people buying the whole new package, so the idea of them supporting YOU to resell your license is in the air.

While I may agree that a lot of the storm was due ignorance, I still blame Microsoft as they never really were open about it. It might indeed be a fantastic idea but they decide to reveal this in a conference before e3 without clearing up anything, just being too vague and leaving up to people to interpret them. Then e3 they say nothing except that they know it is the step. the secrecy really didn't help to sell the idea.

Yeah, we killed something before we even gave it a chance, but I really believe they were going a bit ahead of the time. We all know we will have to transition to digital format but we don't want to be forced into it from one generation to the next. Too radical, few explanations... it was very logical to get people scared and closed minded about it. It didn't sound like MS wanted to make gaming easier, it sounded like they wanted to make more money by taking off the 'owned' by 'licensed' and focusing on the few people that might run with the 24 hour connection while telling the rest this toy is not for you, go back to your 360.

oh well, they back pedalled now... so for good or bad here we're stuck.

11. Warren

Warren Quiet Chatter

That's true to a point, but at the same time as you said the main point is, "we killed something before we even gave it a chance" that's the problem, with most of the complainers and to top it off XBOX fell under pressure and reverse the decision, which means we unfortunately can not get the extra features that were mentioned for the XBOX One now is going to be disabled due to the complainers.

To me for the complain about something that isn't even out yet is frankly quite stupid and at best very annoying.