1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

Yet Another Recycle Plant Fire

APS Aug 5, 2013

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

!5 in 8 months,coincidence or what ?
    2. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

One has to wonder if someone might be causing all these?
    3. HAL WARD

HAL WARD Getting There

I once thought the same about anti virus companies maybe writing a lot of the stuff circulating to leverage their business. In Nevada where I lived for 11 years we had a dump that was up on the side of a mountain overlooking the valley, the only reason the EPA gave a permit was because it was impossible to get rid of it, no company wanted to make that 65 mile drive one way from Las Vegas and then they didn't want the waste anyway! So they permitted this site for 2 years and kept extending it, all the pits were kept very nice and covered very well, but one year a summer storm came thru the mountains and a lightening strike hit one of the open pits, it burned for about 5 weeks because there was no way to extinguish the fire, the local fire departments didn't have water up there on the side of the mountain so they just let it burn and of course reused it after the fire was out. I should look on Google Earth and see if the dump is still open there. I read last night there is a huge real estate bust there now and all the building has just come to a stand still with hundreds of foreclosures, maybe it is a nice place to live again :)