1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Chat Addicts!

We are a very friendly chat forum covering a range of topics and always make new members feel very welcome

Please feel free to take a look around.

Registration is absolutely free and only takes a minute.
  3. Registered members can:
    • Join in the discussions or start their own
    • Play in the games arcade
    • Upload pictures to their own personal gallery
    • Promote their own sites
    • and much more!
    • Dismiss Notice

You expect better service.

APS May 19, 2012

1. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

I am using a legal service to deal with Mothers estate.
      I didn't want all the hassle of Letters of Administration,forms to Inland Revenue etc.
      So anyway yesterday I recieved the final accounts for approval and signing so they can transfer estate to me.
      Reading through it I see under Bills paid from estate E.On (electric) £312.44.
      So I phone the guy and ask what it is.
      His reply it was Electric bill they sent direct to them.
      So I drew his attention to all the money pulled into the estate from various Financial institutes and commodities etc,one of which was an overpayment due from E.On because mother paid by direct debit.
      Then I asked what the date on the bill was,November 2011 was reply.Mother passed away on 24th Aug 2011 I said so how did she use electric.
      Anyway they contacted E,on who admitted their mistake and are reimbursing the money.
      My gripe is the Legal company should have easily picked this up,I did.
    2. wiseguy

wiseguy Chataholic

correct,but eon should have to pay more back,as they had admitted the fault,how many go un noticed mate,i bet they make millions out of this sort of thing,to me which is a saying i use a lot

3. Shortie861

Shortie861 Administrator Staff Member

It's unbelievable what these companies will do and I bet half of them know what they are doing and just doing it for a bit extra cash. I agree with you WG I bet there are millions that go without being noticed and then they have the cheek to rise prices for their customers and then claim they have to.

Bet they got a slap around the face when you went back at them APS and told them they had made a mistake.
    4. APS

APS Administrator Staff Member

It's not E.on that I'm getting at though yes they made a mistake but as soon as it was pointed out to them they agreed.
      The Legal service are the people who should have picked this mistake up not me.
    5. Demon_skeith

Demon_skeith Chataholic

Always double check the bills, if they make a tiny mistake it could cost you a lot of money.